Who we are
The “Agios Vlasios” Chronical Diseases Infirmary of the Holy Metropolis of
Thiva & Levadia is an elderly care center that aims to offer treatment,
affection and care to people of both sexes with priority those suffering with
The working facilities are modern inside the hospitable 3-floor building with
comfortable sitting and refreshing room. There is a seminar room with 200
persons capacity that is also used as an indoor group activities’ room. There
is a restaurant and conservatory along the 2 floors and 34 rooms divided
between the 2 floors with view to the gardens. The Infirmary operates in 3
shifts a day.
Volunteers accommodation will be in a multi-room rented apartment (1 person
per room), with fully equipped kitchen, bathroom, hallway, common sitting
room located in Levadia city. Two – three persons per apartment are allowed.
Food is provided at the Center’s facilities cooked by professional cooks, for
everyday and a food allowance is given for breakfast and extra food upon
The volunteers transportation will arranged by the Institution. Which will
provide to them daily, a driver who takes them at work and back home with
The proposed voluntary services in the Chronical Diseases Infirmary for
elderly persons include:
a) Voluntary service will follow the daily program of the Infirmary with the
personal care of the elderly such as facial cleaning and beauty, serving water
and food, walking them around the Infirmary.
b) Voluntary service with weekly creative activities for the elderly such as
handicrafts, physical education, music, communication, free time
entertainment and walking companion to the city, through individual and group
c) Voluntary service on planning, organizing and implementing activities with
similar institutions from abroad in the frame of various European and World
programmes. Creation and moderation of a webpage, design of a leaflet and
organize an information/dissemination event for publicity and organize public
Finally, volunteers will learn how to apply practical techniques for all
mentioned works and will acquire knowledge and skills in social services.
So we are looking for volunteers that are:
– 18-30 years old;
– willing to follow the daily program
– capable to create activities with simple materials by using their hands;
– skilled to provide physical education activities;
– open minded, in basics self-independent, responsible and with a strong
motivation for international youth work and intercultural communication with
– capable to help in preparing international youth exchanges and activities;
– motivated to learn basic Greek phrases in a short time;
– playing an musical instrument which will be mostly appreciated;
– able to communicate in english.
Volunteers will learn how to apply practical techniques for all mentioned works
and will acquire and share knowledge and skills in social services.
Their daily tasks and dexterities will be recorded in the Youthpass at the end
of their service.
This project seeks funding by the EU Erasmus+ Programme,
European Voluntary Service and according to the rules accommodation and
food will be provided by the organizers along with the automated distant locator cost for one return ticket to the venue.
Co-ordinating & Hosting Organization:
“Agios Vlasios” Chronical Diseases Infirmary
Tzimeika, Livadia, 32100, GREECE
e-mail: vlasios (at) imtl.gr
Volunteering is an asset to the “Agios Vlasios” Chronical Diseases Infirmary, since it allows the community to participate in care of our patients and supports the development of new projects and services.
The “Agios Vlasios” Chronical Diseases Infirmary, is hosting an European Volunteering project, hosting 5 volunteers for a period of 6 months.
The European Voluntary Service (EVS), is a project from the European Union, that grants the opportunity to young people to be a volunteer. This voluntary service can happen in European Union countries and in some neighbouring countries.
Culture, youth, sports, social care, cultural heritage, arts, civil protection, environment, development cooperation, media, are some themes and areas where an EVS project can happen.
The Holy Metropolis of Thiva and Levadeia and the “Agios Vlasios” Chronical Diseases Infirmary are accredited organizations, in providing and promoting the European Voluntary Service Project. The accreditation and the goals of the project are described here: 2012-GR-19.
- “CARE01″ June 2013 – December 2013. The Agios Vlasios Chronical Diseases Infirmary hosted the first 5 volunteers on June of 2013 for 6 months (2 volunteers from Portugal, 1 from Spain, 1 from Italy, and 1 from Armenia).
- “CARE02” December 2013 – June 2014. The second wave of volunteers, from Denmark and Serbia arrived on December of 2013 and will also stay for 6 months.
- “CARE03” June 2014 – December 2014. The third iteration of the project started in June of 2014, showing that the “Agios Vlasios” Chronical Diseases Infirmary is motivated to support young people and provide them with learning opportunities and life experiences.